News from Tea Party Manatee
AMENDMENT 1 – PUTS FLORIDA IN DEBT !
Amendment 1 is a $19 Billion mortgage to buy conservation land.
ENVIRONMENTAL GROUPS plan to immediately borrow money to buy land through the bonding authority written into Amendment 1. Bonds will be sold to raise money based on future tax revenue.
FORMER GOV. BOB GRAHAM, a lead supporter of Amendment 1, has said publicly, “We intend to buy as much land as fast as we can because that land won’t be available twenty years from now.”
Once the bonds are sold, the amount of the DEBT WILL BE CARVED IN STONE. But, the tax revenue to pay back the bond debt can fluctuate wildly, depending on the economy. That’s irresponsible.
ONE THING IS CERTAIN, when the funding source dries up, as it has in the past, Florida’s property owners will be on the hook to pay back the debt through higher taxes.
Amendment 1 is BAD FOR FLORIDA.read more»
Amendment One – A Dangerous Precedent for Floridaread more»
There are 3 Florida Constitutional Amendments on the Ballot for Nov 4th. TEA PARTY MANATEE is recommending a NO vote on all 3 Amendments.
Manatee Schools Fact Sheet - Summary:
1. FACT: The audit of the MTI financial records is still open
2. FACT: The investigation regarding reported misdeeds is still ongoing.
3. FACT: Galvano did not give Manatee School District $17 M.
4. FACT: Galvano acknowledged having a meeting with Cantrell and Miner amongst others and says that he was misquoted.
5. FACT: FEFP formula was increased for ALL schools in Florida.
6. FACT: MCSD closed out the 2013/14 year with a positive reserve of $4 M
7. FACT: 2014/15 year budget has a $12.5 M reserveread more»