Our Crushing National Debt
This Was Our Debt in 2008
CLICK TO SEE WHAT IT IS TODAY
THE TRUTH ABOUT AMERICAN ECONOMIC POLICIES FROM OUR CANADIAN NEIGHBOR
"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt." - John Adams 1826
"For society as a whole, nothing comes as a 'right' to which we are 'entitled'. Even bare subsistence has to be produced. The only way anyone can have a right to something that has to be produced is to force someone else to produce it. The more things are provided as rights, the less the recipients have to work and the more the providers have to carry the load." Thomas Sowell, quoted in Forbes and Reader's Digest.
According to Mr. Kneeland, "...all dollars come from the people. Where do [you] think Coca-Cola gets the money to pay its taxes, Exxon gets its money to pay the Exxon Valdez fines, Denny's gets the money to pay its Justice Department fines, or even Microsoft gets the money to defend itself? It all ultimately can come from only one place, and that's from individuals." ED: When you buy a product, the price of that product has to cover ALL the costs to get that product to you.
"A politician cannot spend one dime on any spending project without first taking that dime from the person who earned it. So, when a politician votes for a spending bill he is saying that he believes the government should spend that particular dollar rather than the individual who worked for it." Neal Boortz.
"There is no such thing as government money - only taxpayer money." William Weld, quoted in Readers Digest.
Why not just tax the rich?
Tea Party Budget Plan by FreedomWorks
The Senate has failed to pass a budget resolution for three years running. And now they won't even let the American people do the job for them. 200 FreedomWorks members and representatives from tea party groups across the country met in the Russell Senate Office building to formally present our plan to balance the federal budget and cut $9.7 trillion in spending over the next 10 years. Yet we were not allowed to present our plan. When our Tea Party Debt Commission showed up on Capitol Hill for a scheduled meeting to present our final report, the Democrat-controlled Senate Rules Committee shut us down, ignoring our First Amendment guarantees: the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances
Ths plan is four months in the making. It is the product of countless suggestions and comments from thousands of local citizen-activists across the country and voting by tens of thousands more online. Unlike other budget plans produced in Washington cubicles and quickly forgotten, this plan represents a milestone because it reflects real grassroots input. The plan’s virtues are those of America herself: optimistic, practical, and bold. The contrast with President Obama’s budget plan could not be starker. His plan was unanimously rejected earlier this year by the United States Senate, and for good reason. It offered neither hope nor change. Instead, it would have saddled our children with more spending, taxes, and debt — more economic stagnation, unemployment, and decay. Read the Tea Party plan and share with others that they may know we can cut government spending.
READ THE TEA PARTY BUDGET PLAN HERE
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government can not pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that 'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."-- Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
“We cannot mortgage our children’s future on a mountain of debt. It’s time to put an end to the runaway spending and the record deficits – it’s not how you would run your family budget, and it must not be how Washington handles your tax dollars,”-- said then Senator Barack Obama, Oct. 1, 2008.
Current News on the National Debt
Want to know more about the Federal Budget, the National Debt, Taxation? Visit these great web sites.
- Monthly Treasury Statement from the U. S. Treasury Department. [One source of data for the bar chart].
- U. S. Treasury Department's home page
- Tax Law illustrated.
- Monthly Statement of the Public Debt.
- Link to Social Security Trustees Report for 2011.
- Contact your Representative, your Senators.
- Download the U. S. Constitution.
- Votetocracy: New Link, great source about bills in Congress!
- Advocates for Government Accountability
- Proposed Budget from the President. But Congress has decided not have have a budget for 2011 or 2012.
- Shouldn't our country run on a balanced budget? It would take an amendment to do that.
- Here is a video about the National Debt.
- On reforming the "Glorious Privilege" of paying taxes.
- Our money system is Fiat. It's based on law, not backed by anything.
- Flat Tax vs Fair Tax: This page addresses this issue.
- Taxpayer Info, explores and exposes the cost of various social programs.
- Federal Budget Browser, Interactive and very well done.
- National Debt Facts ZFACTS, a great source of independent information.
- The Government subsidizes many non-government organizations. Here is an example, and another, and another. There are many others.
- Join the Tax Revolt.
- An easy way to understand the Federal Spending rate and increase in the National Debt.
- Here is a way to compare Federal Budget spending to your own budget.
- The National Debt is unsustainable. Here is the report.
- We need to Defeat the Debt.
- The "Public Debt" online good directory and lead-in to the history of the public debt.
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the debt, and a good explanation of deficit vs debt.
- What does the New York Times say about our National Debt?
- Where Does the Money Go? and Voter's Guide
- Is there an optimum income Tax Rate to maximize revenue?
- Form 1040 checkmate. IRS case dismissed.
- Be sure you understand the Tenth Amendment. The Federal Government is limited by it.
- Want more info? Vote-Smart.
- Shadow Government Statistics.
- The Tax Foundation, Educating Taxpayers since 1937
- The National Taxpayer's Union.
- The Fair Tax Plan Think income tax is unfair and too complicated? Here is a really fair and elegant solution.
- Know U. S. Constitution, and it's amendments.
- What is happening to our freedoms?
- Another mortgage meltdown coming. HomePath Mortgage.
- Americans for Tax Reform
- The Cato Institute: Considering individual liberty, free markets, and peace.
- ApatheticVoter scrutinizing government corruption/waste and violations of civil liberties.
- What caused the Mortgage Meltdown?
- Citizens for Tax Justice
- Want to get rid of the IRS ? Here's how!
- FONDAD International Forum on Debt and Development
- CATO Institute on Tax Reform
- This link is for further edification: American Congress for Truth
- OpenCongress: Track bills, votes, senators, and representatives