Monday, February 11, 2013
7:00 pm at Church of Hope, (1560 Wendell Kent Road, Sarasota)
Film and lecture featuring Steve Emerson, an award-winning investigative journalist and author who serves as the Executive Director of The Investigative Project, the largest intelligence gathering center on militant Islamic activities. Sponsored by anonymous donor.
Questions? Contact Amber Ikeman at 941.371.4546 ext. 105
Steven Emerson is considered one of the leading authorities on Islamic extremist networks, financing and operations. He serves as the Executive Director of The Investigative Project on Terrorism, one of the world's largest storehouses of archival data and intelligence on Islamic and Middle Eastern terrorist groups. Emerson and his staff frequently provide briefings to U.S. government and law enforcement agencies, members of Congress and congressional committees, and print and electronic media, both national and international. Since 9-11, Emerson has testified before and briefed Congress dozens of times on terrorist financing and operational networks of Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, and the rest of the worldwide Islamic militant spectrum.
Emerson is the author or co-author of six books on terrorism and national security, including:
- Jihad Incorporated: A Guide to Militant Islam in the U.S. (Prometheus, 2006)
- American Jihad: The Terrorists Living Among Us (The Free Press, 2002)
- Terrorist: The Inside Story of the Highest-Ranking Iraqi Terrorist Ever to Defect to the West (Villard Books /Random House, 1991)
- The Fall of Pan Am 103: Inside the Lockerbie Investigation (Putnam's Sons, 1990)
- Secret Warriors: Inside the Covert Military Operations of the Reagan Era (Putnam's Sons, 1988)
- The American House of Saud: The Secret Petrodollar Connection (Franklin Watts, 1985)